An appraiser is someone who will come in and inspect your house to determine its worth in the current market. Remodeling, updating, and upgrading can really help boost your home’s value, but you don’t want to go overboard.
Here are some big bonuses that can help to boost your home’s appraisal value!
- Open Layouts sell best
- Get stainless steel appliances (if possible)
- Make sure you have matching appliances at the very least
- Granite countertops are another great seller
- New fixtures and mirrors.
- A clean, freshly painted, updated bathtub/shower
- Windows and/or skylights
- Good ventilation
- Clean, new looking cabinets
Before the appraisal…
- Make a list of all recent home improvements (from painting trim to remodeling your kitchen)
- Talk to the appraiser; make sure he or she is credible, experienced, and knowledgeable about homes in the area
- Ask your real estate agent to walk-through your home with the appraiser. Your agent will make sure that the appraiser knows about all of the improvements you’ve made and can help to ‘sell’ the appraiser on the value your home.
Information in this article was summarized from Inman News.