Lakewood, located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, is a beautiful community for residents and visitors alike. At the time of the 2010 Census, there were more than 50,000 residents in the area, making it the third largest city in the county. Whether you call Lakewood home, or plan to visit, here are ten things you didn’t know about Lakewood, Ohio.
1. Lakewood is home to the Beck Center for the Arts, which features a variety of theatrical productions, concerts and art shows
2. San Francisco 49ers Offensive Tackle and former Ohio State Buckeye, Alex Boone, was born in Lakewood
3. There are 100 restaurants in the Lakewood area
4. According to Businessweek, Lakewood is the best place in Ohio to raise your children
5. Travel + Leisure Magazine named Lakewood as one of the Top 10 Coolest Suburbs in the US
6. Lakewood has one of the highest recycling rates in the state of Ohio
7. There are 36 homes in the Lakewood area valued more than $1 million
8. There are a number of churches in the area for people of all religions to participate in services
9. There is a large population of vegans/vegetarians in the area
10. There are 15 parks and pocket parks in the area
To learn more about Lakewood, visit here.