Spring is finally here! It’s time to get out of the house and enjoy the warm weather. The only question is what’s there to do? With a variety of fun and exciting events perfect for the whole family, there’s something going on in Cleveland to suit you. Below are a few of our top picks for the month of May. Check them out and enjoy the sunshine!
Here are some of our top events in the month of May:
- The Hooley on Kamm’s Corners, May 10, noon-8 p.m., Lorain Ave. & Rocky River Dr.: Head to this fun annual celebration, complete with food, live music, Irish dancing, children’s shows and activities, and much more! Head to the Kamm’s Corners web site to learn more.
- Cedar Point Opening Day, May 10, Cedar Point: If you’ve missed the amusement park as much as we have, this is for you! Start the season off right by heading to Cedar Point on opening day before the lines are too long and the days too hot. Gates open early, and Cedar Point is having a number of contests and giveaways throughout the day! Find out more here.
- Cleveland Asian Festival, May 17-18, Payne Ave: Explore Asian culture at the annual Cleveland Asian Festival taking place in May! With authentic food, merchandise, children’s activities, games, and performances, this will be a fun time for the whole family. Visit the official web site for more information.
- Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon, May 18, Public Square: Whether you’re a runner or a spectator, the Rite Aid marathon is a day of fun for everyone! Runners have an option of participating in a full or half marathon, 10K, or 5K, as well as a kid’s race for the youngsters. Spectators can enjoy live entertainment while they watch, and have fun at the 26.3 Mile Rock Party at the finish line. To learn more, visit the official event web site.
- Great American Rib Cook-Off & Music Festival, May 23-26, Jacob’s Pavilion at Nautica: Do you live barbecue and live music? Who doesn’t? This fun and flavorful festival happens annually and features barbecue masters from all over the country, as well as exciting musical performances. Learn more by visiting this web site.
Are you planning on attending any of these events? What do you like to do in May? Let us know by leaving a comment below!