5 Steps To Increase Curb Appeal Before Selling – Making a first impression is crucial in any aspect of life – in a job interview, meeting a new friend or showing your home to a potential buyer. Most likely, buyers who are interested in your home will do a drive-by before they ask to see the property. Typical advice given to new sellers is to work on the exterior of the home, along with the interior. However, increasing the curb appeal of your house can create a lasting first impression for buyers and minimize the time it takes to sell your home. Below are our tips for increasing curb appeal. Check them out and your home will be sold quickly!
1. Can I have your number? First, make sure potential buyers can find your house. Display house numbers where they can be easily read from the street.
2. Clean it up. Is the paint on your front door faded or peeling? Need to fix the trim or the siding? Does your doorbell need replaced? These small things may not seem like a big deal to you, but can make all the difference to giving your home’s exterior a polished and clean feel.
3. Raise the roof. Or just get it fixed. Potential buyers don’t want to buy a home that might need a costly roof repair or replacement in a few short months. Have a home inspector take a look to identify potential problems.
4. Go green. You don’t have to overhaul your yard, but make sure the grass is cut and healthy, any shrubs or trees are trimmed, and add some potted plants or new blooms to brighten up the place. A little work outside can go a long way.
5. Lighten up. Often buyers drive past potential new homes at night time after they get off work. Add some outdoor lighting to make your home look welcoming and lived-in.
For more information about increasing your homes curb appeal before selling click here. Have you taken these steps to fix your home’s exterior before selling? What are ways you have increased your homes curb appeal? Leave a comment below and let us know!