7 Tips To Clear The Clutter And Sell Your Home – When selling your home, reducing the amount of clutter can really help. Potential buyers want to be able to envision themselves in the home and clutter can greatly distract them. While getting rid of clutter might not be the easiest task, we have some helpful tips for you! Check them out below:
- Throw away or donate unnecessary items – This is the key step when attempting to de-clutter your home. Make piles of items you want to keep, donate and throw away. The most important part of this step is getting rid of items you no longer need.
- Be neutral – Is your house painted with bright colors? It could be a good idea to paint your home a more neutral color to appeal to buyers who want to envision themselves in the home without distracting colors.
- Store items – Once you’ve decided on the items you want to keep, store them. You don’t have to get rid of everything, but keep most items out of sight.
- Clean out your mud room or foyer – Remove shoes, coats, umbrellas and other unnecessary items from these areas. Buyers shouldn’t be seeing a cluttered area when they first walk into your home.
- Clear out the kitchen – Is the outside of your refrigerator cluttered? What about your kitchen counters? When selling your home your kitchen should only have the essentials, and that includes a clean fridge.
- Remove unnecessary items from tables – Put away boxes of tissues, magazines or other items that could be cluttering your night stands and end tables. Keep items like lamps, clocks or a couple of books.
- Spruce up the bathrooms – Are your razors, toothbrushes and other bathroom items visible? Keep them out of sight when showing your home and instead liven up your bathroom with fresh items like new soaps or flowers.
The process of de-cluttering your home can seem overwhelming, but through keeping these tips in mind, your home will look organized in no time! What do you think of these tips? Do you have any to add? Comment to share with us!